Planning Committee Wednesdays every two weeks 12 noon
Cllrs Mansfield (Chair), Thornton, Bashford, Godley, Glynn-Davies, Baxter, Derham
Terms of Reference
All councillors of this Committee are required to attend the meetings in accordance with the agreed timetable. All councillors are required to have read the agenda and previous minutes prior to the Committee meeting to allow an informed discussion at the meeting. The minutes of the previous meeting will be taken as read based on this assumption.
Main functions : To consider and make decisions on local planning applications for recommendation to Adur District Council and other planning issues related to the Parish. To make recommendations to the Council on any matters it deems necessary.
1. To consider Sompting area planning applications and appeals as a statutory consultee and submit any comments or observations to Adur District Council within the allotted timescales.
2. To be responsible for and make decisions on any matter delegated to it by the Council or Delegated role on planning applications and appeals
3. To consider planning applications and appeals in neighbouring South Downs National Park Authority, Lancing and Worthing areas which have a direct impact on Sompting, giving due consideration to all environmental aspects and the SDNP purposes.
4. To assume delegated role on strategic planning documents and report to Full Council as necessary for formal response to such matters.
5. To monitor any Conservations Areas to ensure that the style of development and general decoration, including signage, shopfronts and street furniture is in keeping with any Listed Buildings situated therein.
6. To seek to ensure that the general environment within the Parish is monitored so far as is possible and to report to the appropriate authority any potential hazards, breaches etc
7. To consider various environmental statutory documents and recommend to Full Council a formal response.
8. Seek to ensure within existing resources, publicity and awareness of Planning applications by means of the Council’s website and display of public notices.
9. Work to retain public open spaces including playing fields whenever possible.
10. The making of representations on all applications for public entertainment licences or liquor licenses subject to approval of Full Council.